If you are like most homeowners, you probably think of water damage as something that happens due to a flood or a broken pipe. And while these are undoubtedly common causes of water damage, there is another occurrence that can be even more insidious and costly to repair: hidden water damage.
Hidden water damage can occur in many places throughout your home, from the basement to the attic. But due to where it happens, it can be tough to detect or repair on your own. This is why you must have a trained eye to look at all areas of your home for hidden water damage repair and restoration.
What Problems Will Hidden Water Damage Cause?
While it may seem like a small and relatively innocuous problem, hidden water damage can cause numerous issues throughout your home or property. These problems include:
1. Bacterial growth – When left undetected and unaddressed, the moisture that causes hidden water damage will start to breed bacteria. This can lead to mold growth, which is hazardous to your health and your home.
2. Rot – If hidden water damage is allowed to continue, it can lead to rot in various structural components of your home.
3. Damaged possessions – Water can also damage your possessions, whether they are stored in the attic, or any other area of your property. This can include furniture, clothing, electronics, and more.
4. Structural damage – In extreme cases, it can cause structural damage to your home, leading to severe problems.
5. Health hazards – Hidden water damage can lead to rot and mold growth when left undetected. This is hazardous to your health, as inhaling or touching the spores from mold can make you sick over time.
How Can You Detect Hidden Water Damage?
The first step toward detecting the hidden water damage is by having a trained eye look at your property. A trained technician will notice small clues, such as the presence of moisture or hints of rot or mold that can indicate water damage.
Another way to detect hidden water damage is through infrared thermal imaging. With an infrared camera, you will be able to see temperature changes throughout your home. This can help identify areas where moisture is present, even if it is not visible to the naked eye.
If you suspect that you may have hidden water damage in your home, it is important to address the issue. The longer you wait, the more damage will be done and the more expensive it will be to repair.
Also, look for signs like a musty smell, watermarks on the ceilings, mold growth, or signs that insects are using the area as shelter.
What to Do for Immediate Water Damage Repair?
If you find evidence of hidden water damage, it is important to address the issue right away. To ensure that your property and possessions return to their original condition, call Zebedee Group for effective water damage repair and restoration. We offer a full range of services for both residential and commercial properties, including water damage restoration. You can contact us at 954-414-5762